RESOLVING WILL, ESTATE AND TRUST DISPUTES
The loss of a loved one often leads to grief and uncertainty for the family left behind. Even where an estate has been carefully planned, disputes can arise and require legal expertise. We are here to help.
RDM Lawyers has years of experience dealing with all aspects of estate litigation and can assist in resolving disputes in a number of areas, including:
- Challenges to the validity of a will or trust on the basis of undue influence or lack of mental capacity.
- Requests by beneficiaries of an estate to have the court intervene if concerned an executor or power of attorney is misusing his or her authority.
- Intestacy disputes where an individual dies without leaving a legal will.
- Wills variation claims by children or spouses seeking to change or contest a will.
- Committee applications where a loved one is incompetent to handle his or her own affairs.
Estate litigation often involves strict timelines so it is important that you contact us early. We act for executors/administrators/trustees, heirs and beneficiaries, and spouses and children who feel they have been wrongfully excluded from a share of an estate.
RDM’s depth of knowledge in will and estate planning means our legal advisors will efficiently and effectively negotiate, mediate, arbitrate or litigate the matter as best meets the needs of your circumstances.
For wills and estates planning click here.
At RDM we strive to be transparent in our billing. Estate Litigation matters are typically billed based on the hourly rate of the lawyer(s) involved, which ranges from $200-$400 depending on skill, experience and specialty. There are also limited circumstances in which we may assist you on a contingency basis.