Legal Assistant/Paralegal – Family LawSep 28 2020
RDM Lawyers LLP, located in Abbotsford, BC, is looking for a Junior/Intermediate legal assistant with a minimum of 2 years’ experience to join our busy Family Department. This position is a temporary 12-18 month position.
- Ability to work independently
- A working knowledge of the Supreme and Provincial Court Rules
- Understanding of conflict systems
- Managing files so that they move forward efficiently and properly, utilizing diarization systems
- Preparing legal documents in both Supreme and Provincial Courts
- Setting examinations for discovery, mediations and various court dates
- Scheduling lawyer’s calendar and ensuring deadlines and limitations are met
- Receiving and prioritizing incoming correspondence
- Drafting correspondence with client’s and counsel
- Conducting land title searches
- Managing lawyer’s calendars and scheduling Court dates
- Preparing Lists of Documents
In addition to the above, the successful candidate will be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, take initiative, work independently and stay organized. Excellent computer skills and communication skills are required along with the ability to provide exceptional customer service while working in a high paced environment. Knowledge of Divorcemate is an asset.
RDM thrives in a culture of respect, awesome service and teamwork, and the right candidate for the position will embrace these values. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a friendly and supportive environment in which to work.
For an insight into our unique culture, please take a few minutes to review this video:
Interested candidates may apply to email@example.com.
While we thank all individuals for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.