Senior Wills and Estates Administrative AssistantJul 17 2020
RDM Lawyers LLP, located in Abbotsford, BC, is looking for a senior/intermediate administrative assistant with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to join our busy Wills and Estates Department.
• Ability to work independently
• Preparing probate and administration application documents for submission to the Supreme Court
• Preparing Wills, Powers of Attorney, Representation Agreements, Trust Agreements and other estate planning documents
• A working knowledge of the Supreme Court Rules
• Preparing post-application documents including accounting, releases, etc.
• Managing files so that they move forward efficiently and properly
• Utilizing diarization systems
• Scheduling lawyer’s calendars
• Ensuring deadlines and limitations are met
• Receiving and prioritizing incoming correspondence
• Understanding conflict systems
• The ability to deal directly with clients and others
• Drafting correspondence to client’s and others
• Conducting searches in the Land Title Office, Personal Property Registry and Vital Statistics Agency
In addition to the above, the successful candidate will be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, take initiative, work independently and stay organized. Excellent computer skills and communication skills are required along with the ability to provide exceptional customer service while working in a high paced environment. Knowledge of ProLaw is an asset.
RDM thrives in a culture of respect, awesome service and teamwork, and the right candidate for the position will embrace these values. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a friendly and supportive environment in which to work.
For an insight into our unique culture, please take a few minutes to review this video:
Interested candidates may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all individuals for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.