ReceptionistJun 3 2022
Since 1971, RDM Lawyers LLP has grown to become one of Abbotsford’s largest law firms. RDM Lawyers is committed to providing quality legal services to our community, guided by our core values of integrity, professionalism, and client service.
For over 50 years, RDM lawyers have been helping families, homeowners, businesses and Fraser Valley residents with all their legal needs. Located in Abbotsford, we’re a full-service law firm providing legal advice, assistance and advocacy in virtually all areas of BC law including personal injury, family law, real estate law, business law, will and estate planning, and mediation services, civil litigation, employment law and estate litigation. So, whether it is starting a family, planning for the future or preparing for the unexpected in life, we’re here to help you every step of the way.
For more information, please visit https://rdmlawyers.com/
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like and where nothing is too big or too small. Are you are detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, take initiative, work independently and stay organized with excellent computer and communication skills with the ability to provide exceptional service while working in a high-paced environment then this job is for you !!!
Receives clients and others both in person and via the telephone
- Greets the public in person and directs them appropriately.
- Directs incoming telephone calls to appropriate parties and handles general inquiries.
- Maintains a listing of staff’s internal and external daily schedules.
Processes closed client files
- Receives client files upon the termination of activity, checks for completeness and records and assigns a file number for archiving purposes.
Coordinates meeting room schedules
- Receives requests, determines availability and books board rooms for meetings, discoveries, mediations etc.
- Advises appropriate parties and assists with meeting room set ups.
Processes mail and various reports daily and weekly
- Receives and processes incoming mail for distribution within the firm by the Office Courier.
- Back up Office Runner
Ensures office supplies are ordered as required.
- Records and maintains an inventory of various office supplies including stationery, coffee supplies and pre-paid courier envelopes and re-orders as needed.
Core Competencies & Qualifications
- Good understanding of general office procedures
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Communication skills – effective listening, written and oral skills
- Attention to detail and consistency in the process
- Time management and organizational skills
- Client-focused approach to dealing with internal and external customers
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations due to workload or deadlines
- Minimum 2 years of prior related work experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and oral
- Grade 12 graduate
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
RDM thrives in a culture of respect, awesome service and teamwork, and the right candidate for the position will embrace these values. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a friendly and supportive environment to work in.
Click HERE to submit your resume.
For an insight into our unique culture, please take a few minutes to review this video: