Legal Assistant/Paralegal – Family LawJun 2 2022
Since 1971, RDM Lawyers LLP has grown to become one of Abbotsford’s largest law firms. RDM Lawyers is committed to providing quality legal services to our community, guided by our core values of integrity, professionalism, and client service.
For over 50 years, RDM lawyers have been helping families, homeowners, businesses and Fraser Valley residents with all their legal needs. Located in Abbotsford, we’re a full-service law firm providing legal advice, assistance and advocacy in virtually all areas of BC law including personal injury, family law, real estate law, business law, will and estate planning, and mediation services, civil litigation, employment law and estate litigation. So, whether it is starting, starting a family, planning for the future or preparing for the unexpected in life, we’re here to help you every step of the way.
For more information, please visit https://rdmlawyers.com/
We are looking for a Legal Assistant/Paralegal – Family Law to join our very busy Department. If you are detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, take initiative, work independently and stay organized with excellent computer and communication skills with the ability to provide exceptional service while working in a high-paced environment then this job is for you!!!
Is this the Role for You?
• Preparing, formatting, and proofreading correspondence and legal documents from written and oral instructions and precedents.
• Assisting in management of lawyer’s practice, i.e., opening files, maintaining filing system, scheduling, coordinating travel and/or accommodations and expense invoices.
• Responding to client inquiries supporting file matters.
• Maintaining and organizing files.
• Prioritizing workflow to ensure completion of accurate work within established timelines.
• Establishing a professional rapport with clients and opposing counsel.
• Any other related duties, as assigned.
Core Competencies & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• 2+ years of previous family law legal assistant experience.
• Able to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and exhibit sound judgment all with minimal supervision.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 with excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Superior organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external clients.
• High level of confidentiality.
• Able to work under pressure, be flexible and adapt to changing situations easily
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
RDM thrives in a culture of respect, awesome service and teamwork, and the right candidate for the position will embrace these values. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a friendly and supportive environment to work in.
Click HERE to submit your resume.
For an insight into our unique culture, please take a few minutes to review this video: