Junior Legal Administrative Assistant – Litigation DepartmentApr 18 2019
RDM Lawyers LLP, located in Abbotsford, BC, is looking for a junior legal administrative assistant to join our busy General Litigation Department.
- Receiving incoming calls from new and existing clients
- Scheduling client appointments and keeping lawyers’ calendars up to date
- Opening files, keeping filing up to date and closing files
- An understanding and use of our conflicts system
- Preparing letters and legal documents with general instruction
- Filing court documents through Court Services Online
- Setting examinations for discovery, mediations and various court dates
- Posting and managing payment of disbursements
- Creating client invoices
- Receiving and prioritizing incoming tasks from various team members
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong proofreading skills
- A general knowledge of the litigation process and the Supreme and Provincial Court Rules
In addition to the above, the successful candidate will be eager to work in a team environment, have the ability to multi-task, take initiative, and stay organized. Excellent computer skills and communication skills are required, along with the ability to provide exceptional customer service while working in a high paced environment.
RDM thrives in a culture of respect, awesome service and teamwork, and the right candidate for the position will embrace these values. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a friendly and supportive environment in which to work.
For an insight into our unique culture, please take a few minutes to review this video:
Interested candidates may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all individuals for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.