Experienced Legal Assistant or Paralegal – LitigationMar 4 2022
RDM Lawyers is a well-established, full service law firm located in Abbotsford. Our growing litigation department is looking for an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant or Paralegal. The successful candidate will have at least 3 years’ of experience in litigation.
- Managing a bring-forward system for files
- Scheduling client appointments and keeping lawyers’ calendars up to date
- Preparing letters and legal documents with general instruction
- Filing court documents through Court Services Online
- Receiving and prioritizing incoming tasks from various team members
- Ensuring all files/binders are kept up to date
- Preparation of court documents
- Coordination of service and filing at various levels of court
- Formatting and drafting correspondence
- Management of limitation periods
- Booking Trials, Examinations for Discovery, applications, etc.
- Maintain filing and bf systems
- General knowledge of personal injury litigation and the Supreme Court Rules
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong proofreading skills
- At least 3 years experience in litigation and a graduate of a Legal Administrative Program or Paralegal Program
In addition to the above, the successful candidate will be eager to work in a team environment, have the ability to multi-task, take initiative, and stay organized. Excellent computer skills and communication skills are required, along with the ability to provide exceptional customer service while working in a high-paced environment.
RDM thrives in a culture of respect, awesome service and teamwork, and the right candidate for the position will embrace these values. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a friendly and supportive environment in which to work.
For an insight into our unique culture, please take a few minutes to review this video: https://rdmlawyers.com/careers/
Interested candidates may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all individuals for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.