Corporate Legal Administrative AssistantJun 1 2022
Since 1971, RDM Lawyers LLP has grown to become one of Abbotsford’s largest law firms. RDM Lawyers is committed to providing quality legal services to our community, guided by our core values of integrity, professionalism, and client service.
For over 50 years, RDM lawyers have been helping families, homeowners, businesses and Fraser Valley residents with all their legal needs. Located in Abbotsford, we’re a full-service law firm providing legal advice, assistance and advocacy in virtually all areas of BC law including personal injury, family law, real estate law, business law, will and estate planning, and mediation services, civil litigation, employment law and estate litigation. So, whether it is starting a family, planning for the future or preparing for the unexpected in life, we’re here to help you every step of the way.
For more information, please visit https://rdmlawyers.com/
We are looking for a Corporate Legal Administrative Assistant to join our fast-growing team. If you are detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, take initiative, work independently and have strong communication skills with the ability to provide exceptional service while working in a high-paced environment then this job is for you !!!
- Assisting with the preparation of documents in connection with asset and share transactions including, resolutions, share purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, lease agreements, assignment agreements, as well as due diligence searches.
- Preparing corporate documents in connection with annual maintenance, incorporations, amalgamations, continuations, proprietorship, partnership registrations, capital alterations, change of names, basic share transfers, dividend and redemption documentation.
- Preparing reorganization documents such as Section 85/86/51 Agreements with ancillary supporting documentation.
- Assisting with commercial borrowing files.
- Performing conflict searches, opening files, completing client identification/verification and preparing retainer letters.
- Tasks related to commercial transactions, including but not limited to
- Preparing trust deposits, trust cheque requests, trust transfers, investment deposits and redemptions, billing and generating monthly WIP and AR Reports.
- scheduling telephone, video conference and in-person client meetings booking boardrooms and setting up virtual meetings using Zoom and Teams; and
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Knowledge of programs such as Alf or Appara an asset.
Core Competencies & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an LAA in a busy corporate practice
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Diversity and Inclusion
At RDM we believe a diverse workplace comprises individuals with unique backgrounds, characteristics, and qualities. An inclusive workplace creates an equitable environment where individuals are respected and where they are welcome. RDM is committed to diversity and inclusion in all that we do.
RDM thrives in a culture of respect, awesome service and teamwork, and the right candidate for the position will embrace these values.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a friendly and supportive environment to work in.
Click HERE to submit your resume.
For an insight into our unique culture, please take a few minutes to review this video: