Commissioner for AffidavitsApr 26 2022
Since 1971, RDM Lawyers LLP has grown to become one of Abbotsford’s largest law firms. RDM Lawyers is committed to providing quality legal services to our community, guided by our core values of integrity, professionalism, and client service.
For over 50 years, RDM lawyers have been helping families, homeowners, businesses and Fraser Valley residents with all their legal needs. Located in Abbotsford, we’re a full-service law firm providing legal advice, assistance and advocacy in virtually all areas of BC law including personal injury, family law, real estate law, business law, will and estate planning, and mediation services, civil litigation, employment law and estate litigation. So, whether it is starting, starting a family, planning for the future or preparing for the unexpected in life, we’re here to help you every step of the way.
For more information, please visit https://rdmlawyers.com/
RDM Lawyers LLP is looking for an individual to perform the duties of a Commissioner for Taking Affidavits. This is a contract position with no set hours. This position would be ideal for a retired professional. Candidates must have experience working with the public in a customer service-oriented capacity.
RDM is looking to hire individuals in the following regions:
- Lake Country
- Sechelt & Gibsons
- Campbell River
- Courtenay & Comox
- Port Alberni
Is this position for you ?
- Facilitate meeting with clients at financial institutions or at clients’ homes to witness the signing of documents
- Verifying clients’ identification
- Communicating & coordinating with RDM daily
- Ensuring that the document signing process is a smooth, positive experience for clients
- Core Competencies & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Projects a Professional appearance
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and connections with customers.
- Passionate commitment to helping customers.
- Focus on delivering a personal experience to customers.
- Flexible schedule – open to working between the hours of 9:00 am to 6:30 pm, Monday through Saturday
- Resourceful self-starter with courage and confidence to approach customers
- Excellent Verbal & written communication skills
- Reliable method of transportation (must have a car as the position involves driving)
- Confident and experienced in the use of social media, tablets, smartphones, online tools, application skills, knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Zoom
- Ability to work independently
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The successful candidates will need to complete an application with the Ministry of Justice to become Commissioners for Taking Affidavits, including a brief written examination. RDM will facilitate this process and cover the related costs. The candidates will be able to begin working after their application has been processed by the Ministry of Justice (approximately 6 to 8 weeks after submission).
Please include a resume and a cover letter for consideration. Short-listed applicants will need to undergo a criminal record check. Interviews may be conducted via Zoom/ Microsoft Team.
RDM thrives in a culture of respect, awesome service and teamwork, and the right candidate for the position will embrace these values. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a friendly and supportive environment to work in.
Click HERE to submit your resume.
For an insight into our unique culture, please take a few minutes to review this video: